The Gloucestershire Playing Fields Association (GPFA) is a membership-based registered charity. Founded in 1926 to protect and improve recreational land the GPFA also embodied in their aims the ideal that everyone, whatever their age, should have adequate recreational space within easy reach of their homes and be encouraged then to use these assets.
- Free advice by letter/email/telephone on most aspects of playgrounds and outdoor recreational facilities
- Preference booking and reduced rates for training courses we organise (including very popular playground management seminars for councillors and clerks)
- Free site visits to advise on outdoor playgrounds, playing fields and other recreational areas
- Our regular newsletter ‘The Playing Field’
- Free assessment and report of your sport and recreation facilities
- Access to our grants and loan scheme
- Fundraising advice for sport and recreation projects
- Signposting to other organisations able to offer specialised support
- Assistance with the purchase and protection of playing fields
To find out more about our work and what we do for our members visit the Our Work page
For further information about the GPFA click below to download our Annual Report.